You are created to create!
Design and Technology Programs
Animation and Design
Our Animation and Design series of short courses is a basic animation program designed to enhance your knowledge, skills, understanding and work ethic as a trainee/student in developing creative problem solving skills in animation. It utilizes basic principles and available tools to provide the necessary skill set for the trainee’s/student’s creative requirements.
The key lessons that are developed are as follows:
- Core Skills in Drawing
- Progressive Techniques in Drawing the Human Figure
- Strong Understanding of Compelling Character Designs
- Hands on Experience on the Fundamentals of Animation
The trainee/student shall develop the skills needed to produce animation work based on his abilities derived from the course.
This program will enable the trainee/student to gain confidence as they apply animation principles with intermediate understanding of tools.
1. Desktop Computer or Laptop
Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 10
Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel or AMD processor
2. Internet connection with at least 10mbps
4. Web Camera (for personal computers)
5. Drawing Tablet
6. Software – MS Office Suite
Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, After Effects
7. Reading and Video References (provided by the school)
Assignments and Evaluation Criteria
Assignments will be marked based on comprehensiveness, presentation quality, form, and content. Submissions must be presented in the manner required of each particular assignment.
Each submitted module has its own rubric depending on the assigned goals and objectives. General requirements include the understanding of the course requirement and material, thoroughness, organization, and the successful completion of minimum requirements. After submission, assignments will be rated by the instructor and returned to the student with critique feedback, via (promptly scheduled) online meeting.
- Basic to Advanced Drawing (15hours)
- Anatomy and The Human Figure (15hours)
- Cityscape/Landscape (15hours)
- Character Design in Animation (15hours)
- • Basic 2D Animation (15hours)